HOW TO ORDER MEDICAL FACE SHIELDS
MIT is providing the design at no cost and has licensed the design with restrictions that prevent price gouging.
HOW TO DONATE FACE SHIELDS TO DISADVANTAGED AREAS
Support MIT’s face shield work and shield donations program
- Click Donate Here (launches the MIT Covid-19 Donation website)
- Find the MIT Covid-19 Emergency Fund and click Give Now
- Enter amount in box and click Give Now
MIT Responds: The MIT-Designed Face Shield
Our single-piece design comes flat and can be assembled into a 3-dimensional face shield. The shields are fabricated using die cutting, which enables us to produce these at rate of over 2.5 million per week. They can be assembled in less than one minute per shield, on-site, by aides or other staff, and then staged at locations for pick up within hospitals. Nurses and physicians may also assemble them in real-time if needed.
FDA – Emergency Use Authorization Disclaimer:
- The product is made available FDA under an EUA for use by healthcare providers as personal protective equipment.
- This product is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances justifying the authorization of emergency use under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 USC 360bbb-3(b)(1) unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.
- The product has not been FDA cleared or approved
- Lahey Hospital News: Giving to Healthcare Heroes: MIT’s Project Manus (4/22/2020)
- NBC News: An MIT team takes a hands-on approach to fighting coronavirus (4/15/2020)
- CNET: MIT’s new face-shield design could help hospitals with PPE shortages (4/14/2020)
- The Waterloo Courier: Waterloo native helps lead MIT face shield project (4/5/2020)
- Architect Magazine: The Need for More Testing and Mobilization, Design Tips for Infection Control, State-by-State Construction Mandates, and More (4/4/2020)
- DEZEEN: MIT develops one-piece plastic face shields for coronavirus medics (4/3/2020)
- News Medical: MIT launches new technique to mass manufacture disposable face shields (4/2/2020)
- Tech Explore: Mass manufacture of disposable face shields for Covid-19 response (4/2/2020)
- EHS today: MIT to Design Face Shields That Can be Mass Produced Quickly (4/2/2020)
- Boston Globe: From MIT, a new shield against COVID virus (4/1/2020)
- MIT News: MIT initiates mass manufacture of disposable face shields for Covid-19 response (3/31/2020)
Press Inquires: Mary Beth Gallagher — email@example.com
Our manufacturing partner
Our MIT Campus Partners and Collaborators
MIT is donating 40,000 of the first shields and Polymershapes will be donating 60,000 shields to predetermined hospitals, EMS and urgent care facilities.
Thank you to MIT!— Cambridge Fire Dept. (@CambridgeMAFire) April 10, 2020
Cambridge Fire took delivery today of 1000 full face shields produced & donated by MIT. These can be quickly assembled & placed in service by all our firefighters for that added layer of protection for medical responses.#MITshield pic.twitter.com/SzGo7BsNd9
Thank you #MITshield for helping Waterloo stop the spread by donating your incredible PPE faceshields. There are big smiles under those masks at People's Community Health Clinic, Unity Point, and MercyOne! @AllenHospital @MercyOneNEIowa @peopleswloo pic.twitter.com/t2HLD0sP0T— City Of Waterloo IA (@WaterlooIowa) April 22, 2020
Die Cutters Looking TO HELP
If you are interested in helping to fabricate shields fill out this form.